First Baptist Church is located within a pleasant residential neighborhood near the YMCA on the east side of Marion. The official address is 1260 29th Street, which has handicap parking on the front (east) side of the church with a handicap accessible entrance at the drive-up canopy. The main parking lot on the west side of the church also has handicap parking near the door but there are steps up to the door; enter the parking lot from 12th Ave.
What to Expect
The worship service starts at 10:00 am (after the 9 a.m. Sunday school hour). At First Baptist Church, we strive to develop a “blended worship,” mixing together in a harmonious way all of the variety and diversity of worship expressions. The closest entrance to the sanctuary is at the front of the church (east side). A drive-up canopy provides a convenient point for dropping off persons at the entrance. Persons who park in the main parking lot (west side) must climb steps at the door and walk through the educational wing hallway and the fellowship hall to reach the entrance to the sanctuary. An elevator is available to assist those who wish to avoid the few steps up to the sanctuary level. All classrooms in the educational wing are handicap accessible. Two unisex restrooms are handicap accessible.
– Casual dress but some persons may dress up a bit; we just want you to be comfortable.
– Lay leaders serve during the initial part of the worship time.
– A variety of music styles and songs make the worship experience great for all. Hymnal books are provided in the pews; also, the words for songs are displayed on the video screen.
– Padded seating (pews).
– A time is provided for individuals to share Joys & Concerns; we bring the wireless mic to you.
– The giving of tithes and offerings is an act of worship by regular attenders; guests should not feel pressured to give.
– Pastor Jerry shares a biblical-based message that will help you to grow in your relationships with others and Jesus Christ.
– Fellowship time after the worship. Pick up a snack and a cup of coffee and enjoy an intimate visit with our church family.
Besides the worship activity, you are welcome to check out other activities.
– The Sunday school classes begin at 9 a.m. Adults have the choice of two Sunday school classes.
– Two midweek Bible Studies are held at church: one at 6 pm on Wednesdays and one starts at 9 am on Thursdays; it is a great time of digging into God’s word and discussing what it means in terms of our lives.